At the beginning of 2009, I set a goal to keep all of my ticket stubs whenever I go watch a movie at the cinema. And so, now being December and all, it's time for that summary of 2009 movies:
I'll be posting the movies list by each Quarter so there'll be 4 posts altogether. But you already know that :)
Quarter 1 - January to March:
1. Australia - Overall quite good, had some memorable scenes.
2. Yes Man - I love Zooey Deschanel, and Jim Carrey was ok in this one.
3. Underworld 3: Rise of the Lycans - Excellent prequel!! Saw it twice!! Best werewolf growls ever!!
4. Bride Wars - Fun movie!! and it had a memorable narrative at the end of the movie that rings true to the heart.
5. Inkheart - I didn't like this one so much. Everything about the movie is average.
6. Eden Lake - This was surprisingly good!! Had a lot of gore and was really, really dark. Not for Disney lovers. heheh.....I loved it!!!
7. Pink Panther 2 - Not too bad, good for a few laughs.
8. Watchmen - I found it to be too draggy, but then I'm not a follower of the comic, so I can't say much. I guess I didn't know what Watchmen really is about, prior to watching it.
9. Role Models - I think Paul Rudd is going to be big in the comedy movies scene. He's hilarious!!
10. Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li - It's pretty good, not as chock full of action as I was expecting though.
11. Dragonball Evolution - This was pretty cool! Didn't know anything about Dragonball before. Cool effects and fight scenes!
12. The International - Clive Owen is one of the most underrated actors around. He was brilliant in this one, as he usually is in all his other movies. The movie itself though, was just ok. It did however have a great shooting scene, the one that took place in a building with a circular structure.
My top 3 pick - Underworld, Bride Wars, Eden Lake!