Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Of language, friends and strangers

Heard from a friend today that I've got some not-so-positive reputation. Someone who hasn't met or know me (read: a total stranger) says that I choose friends, am a bit snotty cos I favor speaking in English than in Bahasa, and that I am a bit aloof.

It's ironic since I have recently answered a question in my tag post -

"What if people don't like you?"

" I have in me, the desire for people to like me, but I also know that in this world, there are people who will not like me, and I can accept that. I would, however, be saddened if the person who dislikes / hates me happens to be someone I like.

So, in this context, I am not deeply concerned that a total stranger has a negative pre-conceived notions of me. What's got me thinking, however is that someone I know, out there, thinks less of me and it could be a reflection of my less-than-good choices or actions.

But am gonna leave it at that.

Am glad that this was said to a friend of mine who was frank enough to inform me.

As for writing this post in English rather than in Bahasa, it's just my personal preference.

Don't judge me :)

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all agreed with you, mate..
    I won't let other people bugging and judging my personal life too..
    hear no evil, see no evil..

    as you've ever said to me that they're not responsible to our life..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you do have that reputation. I was informed of it before we became chummy... you know what they say... celebs are closely watched and everything they do will be scrutinized... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. what to do? they already decided who you are without knowing who you are...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celebs? If only....

    Maybe I should follow Ms. Cho and react as how she would react. "What's are you trying to do what's wrong with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah.....assumptions are mother of all evil! hehehe

    ReplyDelete