Monday, January 5, 2009

Of chats, dvd and Aji Don.

After about a week of sleeping late and waking up early, I was looking forward to redeeming all that lost sleep last Friday. I have arranged to meet with an ex-colleague at Plaza Damas at 3pm the next day, so there's plenty of time to sleep in. And sleep in I did. All 12 hours of it. Good to know I have the will power when it counts the most. Hahaha!

We agreed to meet at Aji Don, which happens to be one of my favorite place for food. I like a lot of the foods there; Mee Rebus, Popiah Basah, Chicken Rice and Char Kuey Tiaw, but since I'm not there often enough, I always end up ordering the Mee Rebus and Popiah after which I tell myself "next time, I'll order the rest". And then the next time, I'd end up ordering the same thing. That's how good the Mee Rebus and Popiah are! The only setback is that they close on Sunday (business must be real good huh!).

We got talking about our past experiences together and it was fun looking back. Plenty of laugh. We also talked about what we want out of our jobs and times when we consider making a change, and so the conversation took a more serious turn. I guess everyone have those moments when you'd take a step back, pause and ask yourself "Am I happy?" "Do I want more?" "Can I wait?" and a host of other questions. I think it's what makes us human.

We were joined by another friend of mine later and after my ex-colleague left, we went to look for a dvd. My friend has been looking for this particular movie for a long time and I knew just where to get it! Strangely enough, I was hungry after that. Well, half an hour of dvd browsing can really drain you, so I had no choice but to go for a second helping at Aji Don. Poor me. hehehe. This time it was CKT and more Popiah. and a bit of Murtabak. Blame Syp, not me. hehehe.

Saturday is just 5 days away now....................................................Aji Don anyone? :)

2 comments: