Thursday, January 22, 2009

Underworld 3: Rise of the Lycans (spoilers alert!)

This was my third movie of 2009 and it's one helluva prequel!

It seems like some movie prequels share similar approach - first movie being a combination of style and action, then the sequel injects a more elaborate action sequence and then comes the prequel, with plenty of brutal and hard-core action with a much higher gore factor. Which I like. A lot!!!

One of the effects I like is the Lucian's roar. RROOOARRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very cool. Don't think I've heard such good werewolf roar before this. In fact it reminded me of the first time I heard the sound of that T-Rex in Jurassic Park. Memorably impactful.

Rhona Mitra as Sonja was good, but I kept remembering Kate Beckinsale's Selene (not sure if I spelled that correctly) for some reason. I think it's because Selene had a way cooler outfit - stylishly sexy. And I think Selene's blue eyes looked cooler against her vampire-pale face.

Besides focusing on bites and bloody sword fights, this movie, like any other action movie, touches pretty heavily on the big four letter word that is LOVE.

One of the cliche line uttered in the movie was this:

Sonja: "But you were free"
Lucian: "Not without you"

There's also a funny line. Common, but still funny given the premise:

Lucian: "Are you afraid of me?"
Husky-voiced guy: "Yes"
Lucian: "Don't worry, I won't bite.................much"

By the way it ended, I think we should expect another sequel or two.

Yay!!

3 comments:

  1. memang spoillllllll hahaha tapi saya pun lebih suka kalau Kate yg heroin ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lar.. heroin dia orang lain berlakon ker.. nampak cam heroin dulu..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gidong - Ko udah tengok movie dia? Atau ko asyik busy tangkap gambar aja nih? heheheh

    Guapunyahal - Yup, kali heroin dia yang berlakon citer Doomsday tuh. Dia pun gempak jugak....cuma outfit dia kurang sexy ler...yang nih lebih brutal.

    ReplyDelete