Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Life and Chains

I saw the movie Underworld 3: Rise of the Lycans for the second time the other day. It was still awesome and it drew my attention to this:

LIFE & CHAINS; You can't have one without the other. The line was uttered by Victor when he demanded respect from Lucian for giving him life.

"How true" - I said to myself. I mean freedom is sought at so many levels in our life and how many of us out there can truly claim that we have total freedom in our hands? Sure, as adults we are free to do many things, but can you really do every single thing your heart desires? Whenever your want? Wherever you want? For as long as you want? I know I can't.
  • There are words I wanna say, but I won't.
  • There are challenges I long to do, but I won't.
  • There are things I wanna change, but I can't.
  • There are experiences I wanna share, but I can't.
  • There are ideas I wish to put forth, but I'm scared.
  • There are things I shouldn't be scared of, but I am.

So while I embrace the freedom I have as an individual, I long for the rights I'm entitled to for being human.

2 comments:

  1. Guess we all still need to learn of the balance of things as not to upset it. Do things in moderation. It always helps.


    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete